Sunday, January 4, 2015

The very beginning of Second Chances Design


I have decided to try and take a swing at blogging about my crafting adventures.  Just as my crafting projects are, we will learn as we go about this blogging thing.  I find myself hypnotized by craft blogs at times - learning how the other crafty people out there are turning their wickedness into beautiful works of art and also seeing what doesn't work, so that I don't try that (again).  


I have progressively been crafting more and more over the past two years.  Approximately three and a half years ago, I bought a wooden dresser, off of Facebook classifieds, with the sole intention of being my first re-finishing project.  Though that one simple, small, four drawer dresser, I learned many many things.  Mostly things of what NOT to do! But all in all, it ended up being my very first "big" craft project.  
Not every project is a success and the best thing to do with a failed project is to laugh it off and learn from it.  I have learned about chemical burns (yes, you really should use those protective gloves sometimes), spray adhesive chemical reactions to styrofoam, and all about overspray.  While all of these things can be quite dangerous, they are also the side effects that a crafter has to learn to deal with.  

Through this blog, I hope to share with you my crafting adventures.  Lately, I have been doing quite a few projects and have had a lot of questions by friends and family.  I prefer to find older items and revamp them, however many of my crafts also arise out of scrap lumber or even new items when I have a specific item in mind. I do everything from refinishing furniture, yarn/felt wreaths, burlap christmas trees, and I will spray paint just about anything.  The power of paint is highly underestimated. Hopefully, through this blog I will be able to help fellow crafters (or at least entertain them) with their own projects.  I have been trying to take lots of pictures and remember details, but if I miss something, please don't hesitate to ask.  I will give you my tips, feedback on products and answer all your questions

Happy Crafting!


Second Chances Design
Sarah

<!-- Google Tag Manager -->
<noscript><iframe src="//www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-KSFDLN"
height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden"></iframe></noscript>
<script>(function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start':
new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],
j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'?'&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src=
'//www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f);
})(window,document,'script','dataLayer','GTM-KSFDLN');</script>
<!-- End Google Tag Manager -->


No comments:

Post a Comment